To avoid paying interest on your tax bills, PAY EARLY, and make sure:
- The correct bill number is listed on all checks and on-line checks,
- Checks must be signed,
- Written amount must be legible and match the numeric amount, – if we can’t read it we can’t process it. Numeric and written amount must match,
- Your check must be written in pen,
- Payment coupon should be enclosed with payment to ensure proper posting, qne
- If you pay with an on-line check be sure to make your financial institution aware of the 2/1/18 date.
Acceptable means of receiving a tax payment: Non-acceptable means of receiving a tax payment:
Hand to tax office staff or/in office drop slotHaH Rear door milk box
U.S. Post Office Mail Front hallway heat register
On-line credit card payment Leaving with another office
FEDEX/UPS Slid under office door
As the last day to pay approaches, the office is extremely busy. If you mail in a payment U.S. postmarked on OR prior to February 1, 2018, it is considered on time even if we don’t process it until after that date.
If your check is returned for any reason your original post mark doesn’t apply. A replacement check must be postmarked by February 1, 2018 to be considered on time.
Sandra Pierson, CCMC