The Rotary Club of Orange is excited to announce that the 3rd Annual Orange Rotary Turkey Trot has been scheduled for Thursday, November 26, 2015. The club’s first race hosted 420 runners for the 5k course and walkers who participated in the 2 mile walk. Carl Russell, chairman of the Event anticipates that the event will grow to over 500 participants this year. “These races have a way of growing year after year and Thanksgiving is one day that really brings out the running spirit. We expect a great crowd and a wonderful time!” said Russell.
The race is approaching quickly and people are urged to sign up soon. This year all registrations will be handled online at http://www.fasttrackcoaching.net/timing. The event will be held at High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Road. Carl Russell said, “Registrations are coming in at a rapid pace and we are excited that so many people are looking forward to participate in our 3rd Turkey Trot. We are gearing up for a great day.”
The Rotary Club is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Its organization is open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference. There are 34,282 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide. Locally, the Rotary Club of Orange is engaged in numerous charitable activities designed to improve the lives of Orange and beyond.
Early packet pick-up will be made available beginning on Monday, November 24, 2014.
- Date of Event: Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Registration begins: 6:30 am
- For more Info Visit www.rotarycluboforange.org
- Race Begins: 8:00 am (sharp)
- Awards: 9:45 am (Trophy’s and Medals)
- Runner Cost: $20.00 Pre-Registered / $25.00 Race Day Registration
- Walker Cost: $10.00 Pre-Registered / $15.00 Race Day Registration
- Event Type: 5K Road Race (3.1 Miles) – USTAF Sanctioned Event Mile splits at 1, 2 & 3 Miles
- Timing by: Fast Track Timing. Individuals with questions or concerns may contact Paul Grimmer at (203) 530-0865.
On behalf of the Rotary Club of Orange, we wish to thank all our sponsors who have graciously donated their time, money and services to make this event a success.
Gold: F & W Equipment, NORTHEAST Electronics
Silver: Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, U.B.S. Financial – Richard Zorena, Yale University
Bronze: Clark’s Landscaping, Michael’s Jewelers, Prindle Hill Construction, Woodbridge Running Company