Cohen and Wolf, P.C. is pleased to announce that 19 of the firm’s attorneys have been included in the 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The recognized attorneys and their respective practice areas are as follows:
- Richard L. Albrecht – Family Law;
- David A. Ball – Commercial Litigation;
- Kenneth Bernhard – Municipal Law, Real Estate Law;
- Jonathan S. Bowman – Insurance Law, Real Estate Law;
- Annmarie P. Briones – Family Law;
- Richard J. DiMarco – Tax Law, Business Organizations (LLCs and Partnerships);
- Courtney A. George – Litigation-Labor and Employment, Employment Law-Individuals;
- David L. Grogins – Municipal Law;
- Jocelyn B. Hurwitz – Family Law, Family Law Arbitration;
- Stuart M. Katz – Employment Law (Individuals and Management), Litigation-Labor & Employment;
- Mark A. Kirsch – Community Association Law, Real Estate Law;
- Vincent M. Marino – Municipal Law;
- Rachel A. Pencu – Family Law;
- Richard Slavin – Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation;
- Greta E. Solomon – Elder Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates;
- Matthew C. Susman – Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate;
- Joseph G. Walsh – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs;
- Austin K. Wolf – Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation Land Use and Zoning, Real Estate Law; and
- David B. Zabel – Employment Law Individuals.
This year, three of the firm’s attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers as 2018 “Lawyers of the Year” in the Stamford metro area: Richard L. Albrecht for Family Law Richard J. DiMarco for Tax Law; and Stuart M. Katz for Employment Law-Management. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year”, making this accolade particularly significant. They are selected based on impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become internationally regarded as a guide to legal excellence. Lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice area. Attorneys are evaluated by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in good standing.
The firm began in 1951 with two lawyers, Herbert L. Cohen and Austin K. Wolf, working from a single office in Bridgeport. Since then, the firm has expanded to more than 50 attorneys with offices in Bridgeport, Danbury, Westport and Orange. Attorneys at Cohen and Wolf represent a diverse assortment of individuals, businesses and municipalities, handling their personal and professional legal needs, from matters involving litigation, employment, corporate and securities law, commercial lending, real estate, land use and zoning, to family law and estate planning. Additional information is available at www.cohenandwolf.com.