Twenty-seven attorneys from Cohen and Wolf, P.C. were recently named to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list for 2016. Seven of those listed were designated as “Rising Stars”.
The Cohen and Wolf attorneys on the Connecticut Super Lawyers 2016 list include the following (listed with their cited practice areas):
- Richard L. Albrecht – Family Law;
- David A. Ball – Business Litigation (Top 50 in CT, Top 100 in NE);
- Jonathan S. Bowman – Real Estate;
- Monte E. Frank – Business Litigation;
- Ann L. Fowler-Cruz – Elder Law;
- Courtney A. George – Employee Litigation Defense;
- Ari J. Hoffman – General Litigation;
- Jocelyn B. Hurwitz – Family Law;
- Stuart M. Katz – Employee Litigation Defense (Top 50 in CT);
- Irving J. Kern – Real Estate;
- Mark A. Kirsch – Real Estate;
- David M. Levine – Business/Corporate;
- Neil R. Marcus – Land Use/Zoning;
- Vincent M. Marino – General Litigation;
- Barbara M. Schellenberg – Appellate;
- Richard Slavin – Securities Litigation;
- Greta E. Solomon – Estate & Probate (Top 25 Female in CT, Top 50 Female in New England);
- Patricia C. Sullivan – Land Use/Zoning;
- Austin K. Wolf – Land Use/Zoning; and
- David B. Zabel – Business Litigation.
- Those named to the Rising Stars list include:
- Jason A. Buchsbaum – State/Local/Municipal;
- David E. Dobin – General Litigation;
- Marcia M. Escobedo – Employment & Labor;
- Joyelle Maini – Estate & Trust Litigation;
- David M. Morosan – Business/Corporate;
- Rachel A. Pencu – Family Law; and
- Philip C. Pires – Business Litigation.
Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys in more than 70 areas of practice using a multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement, some of which are outstanding achievements, scholarly lectures, pro bono and community service, and experience. The Rising Stars selection process employs the same Super Lawyers multiphase selection process with the exception that candidates must be either 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
Cohen and Wolf celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2011. The firm began in 1951 with two lawyers, Herbert L. Cohen and Austin K. Wolf, working from a single office in Bridgeport. Since then, the firm has expanded to more than 50 attorneys with offices in Bridgeport, Danbury, Westport and Orange. Attorneys at Cohen and Wolf represent a diverse assortment of individuals, businesses and municipalities, handling their personal and professional legal needs, from matters involving litigation, employment, corporate and securities law, commercial lending, real estate, land use and zoning, to family law and estate planning. Additional information is available at www.cohenandwolf.com.