Here are some ways for you to help in your community:
- A Fall Food Drive is in progress to replenish our Food Closet. We distribute non-perishable items to Orange residents on a monthly basis and also in an emergency situation. We cannot accept rusty cans, broken bags, boxes or outdated food. Some suggestions: dry milk, cereal, juice, canned chicken/turkey or tuna, chili, hash, rice, pasta, cereal, crackers, peanut butter, coffee, tea, toiletries, paper goods, Ensure and any other non-perishable item that can help a resident in need. Contact: Denise Stein, Elderly Outreach Services, (203) 891-4787.
- Food baskets containing complete supplies for a meal are distributed to eligible Orange residents for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas. Contact: Kim Callahan, Community Services at (203) 891-4788 for the basket menus and deadlines.
- Donations of grocery gift certificates to purchase chicken, turkey, ham, and non-perishables. (Any monetary amount from $20.00 and up.)
- Cash donations, gift cards and movie coupons for the children and teens.
- Monetary donations for our Community Services Assistance Fund. Contact: Denise Stein, Elderly Outreach Services (203) 891-4787.
Please make checks payable to: Treasurer, Town of Orange.
Orange Community Services Department
High Plains Community Center
525 Orange Center Road
Orange. CT 06477
Please call the Community Services Department at (203) 891-4788 if you, your Group or Business would like to help.
WE WILL NEED TO KNOW ASAP IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP FOR THANKSGIVING AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP FOR HANUKKAH OR CHRISTMAS.