Here are some ways for you to help in your community:
- A Fall Food Drive is in progress to replenish our Food Closet. We distribute non-perishable items to Orange residents on a monthly basis and also in an emergency situation. Some suggestions: dry milk, cereal, juice, canned chicken/turkey or tuna, chili, hash, rice, canned soups, canned vegetables, canned fruit, pasta, pasta sauce, macaroni & cheese, cereal, crackers, peanut butter, jelly, coffee, tea, toiletries, paper goods, Ensure and any other non-perishable item that can help a resident in need.
Contact: Denise Stein, Elderly Outreach Services, (203) 891-4787.
- Food baskets containing complete supplies for a meal are distributed to eligible Orange residents for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas.
Contact: Kim Callahan, Community Services at (203) 891-4788 for the basket menus and deadlines.
- Donations of grocery gift certificates to purchase chicken, turkey, ham, and non-perishables. (Any monetary amount from $25.00 and up.)
- Gift cards and movie coupons for the children and teens.
- Monetary donations are accepted for our Community Services Assistance Fund by check only.
Please make checks payable to: Treasurer Town of Orange Mail to:
Orange Community Services Department
High Plains Community Center
525 Orange Center Road
Orange. CT 06477
Please call the Community Services Department at (203) 891-4788 if you have any questions or would just to like to help.
WE WILL NEED TO KNOW ASAP IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP US